Experience the difference that an appointment with one of the master stylists at our Fredericksburg hair salon can make! We offer years of experience, an artistic eye, and a commitment to using the best techniques and products to create outstanding styles for each of our guests! Whether you are planning a girl’s night out, a special celebration, photo shoot, prom or wedding, we can create a custom look just for you.
If you are a bride, please visit the Special Occasion page on our website to learn more about our bridal and wedding hair services.
|Special Event & Wedding Hair|
|Prom or Bridal & Wedding Hair Style||$75 and up|
|Special Event Makeup / Bridal Makeup||$40 and up|
|Shampoo Haircut & Blow Dry||$34 and up|
|Shampoo & Blow Dry||$28|
|Shampoo & Blow Dry with Iron Finish||$45|
|Shampoo & Basic Set||$28 and up|
There are moments in time when you need extraordinary style–a custom look that is uniquely all your own. Your wedding day is one of those times. When you need exceptional hair and makeup, the wedding hair specialists at our Fredericksburg hair salon are available to help with all of the details.
From long flowing curls to elegant updos, if you can envision it, we can create it. Schedule an appointment with our experienced bridal hair stylists and makeup experts. We will set aside a time for a personal consultation to discuss your exact needs. You may bring photos of your dress and hair styles that you like as well as your veil, your color scheme, and any hair accessories that you would like to incorporate. We will plan a trial run as well as other services in preparation for the big event.
Follow our helpful wedding hair and makeup guide below to help plan the countdown to fabulous style and perfection on your special day!
Stress Free Bridal Hair and Makeup Guide
12 weeks before:
- To minimize stress as your wedding approaches, pre-book your appointment at our Fredericksburg hair salon for hair color or highlights to ensure gorgeous hair for pre-wedding parties and showers.
- Pre-book your trial up-style and make-up appointments. If you are planning to have bridal or wedding portraits made, this would be the perfect day for a trial run on your wedding hair style and makeup.
- Pre-book all wedding day appointments for bridal hair style and makeup
8 weeks before:
- To ensure that our bridal hair stylists know exactly what you want for your wedding day, come in for a practice run on your bridal hair style and make-up.
2 weeks before:
- Come in for your final color or highlight appointment. We suggest that you do not try a drastic change this close to the wedding. You may want to consider having a deep conditioning treatment to make your hair shiny and healthy for your special day.
- Arrive at our hair salon for your appointment with clean, dry hair.
- Have your wedding hair style or bridal up-style created and make-up applied.
- Remember to bring your veil if you would like for us to place it for you.
Our Best Wedding Tips
When should I schedule a trial run?
A trial run is very important and should be scheduled at our hair salon in Fredericksburg VA at least 2 to 3 months before the date of your wedding. This will give us time to plan the perfect style for you and allow you to see a “trial” version of your style before your wedding day. We can work out any adjustments that need to be made long before your wedding day occurs so that there is less stress on the big day.
What should I wear to my bridal hair appointment?
When you arrive at the salon for your bridal hair appointment (either for a trial run or the final appointment), remember to wear a zip-up or button up shirt. Since collared shirts or turtle necks could interfere with your style, we suggest that you avoid them. If you are planning to wear a veil or any hair accessories, please bring these to your appointment, too.
Can I color my hair before my wedding day?
If you are considering a new hair color or highlights, then we suggest that you schedule an appointment at our hair salon at least 2 weeks before your wedding day. We can help you choose a hair color that will compliment your dress and facial tones. A haircut or trim should be planned at least 2 weeks before your wedding day as well. This will give your hair time to adjust to the new haircut and new hair color before your wedding day.
How can I make my hair shiny and vibrant before my wedding?
Plan a deep conditioning treatment at New U Salon a few weeks before your wedding day to add shine and manageability to your hair. A Redken Chemistry Shot deep conditioning treatment can help repair damage, lock in moisture, add shine, and strengthen your hair, which will in turn add to its beauty on your wedding day.
How do I know which bridal hairstyle is right for me?
We suggest that you choose a style that compliments your dress and your personality. Look through bridal magazines and collect photos of styles that appeal to you to bring to your initial wedding hair appointment at our hair salon. If your wedding is outdoors, choose a style that will hold up no matter what the weather springs upon you. Certain styles work better in humid outdoor conditions than others.
When should I schedule an eyebrow wax?
You can schedule an appointment for a professional eyebrow wax and shaping a few days before the wedding, and then you’ll have perfectly arches brows for all of your wedding photos.